Sunday, March 8, 2009

"It's A God Thing"

Saturday Afternoon March 7, 2009

As we reached the airport in Barbados around three we meet up with Rick and Cindy, the missionaries. It was a time great time of reunion with lots of hugs.
Rick then volunteered me to ride in the taxi with the luggage and complete stranger. I wasn’t frightened by this, but more excited to be able to sit in the front of a van that drives on the wrong side of the road.

Rick mentioned, “if you get lost going to our house, you won’t freak out” as being the reason I was volunteered. So we got lost as you could imagine.

Although I didn’t get scared I prayed that God guide us to a place that he has never been before and that I have only been to once, over a year ago. I noticed a lot of places that I have seen before, so I began to lead my new friend Condre, if that’s how you spell it.

As Condre and I were driving to find the group at a place we were both unfamiliar with I was able to create a relationship with him. We talked about general Bajan culture to music then to church.

Even though I believe Condre is not a believer, by what he said, he was a delightful person to converse with. I told him what our group was in Barbados to do and invited him to join us a church on Sunday. He said would try even though he was busy, but no promises. God truly is an amazing God never ceases to amaze me.

Condre Keep saying “No worries mon, this is Barbados we’ll find it.” We did find it.”
With God’s help and guidance we did find it. Rick, the missionary, stated once we got to our destination without following them, “It’s a God thing.”

Correspondent Josh Gibson

No comments: